Oak Brook, IL
McDonald’s is a great company to work for! I started out as a data jockey and built small Microsoft Excel/Access applications as an embedded IT analyst in the payroll/benefits groups. I worked harder than I ever have in my life on a global ERP project. And I broadened my experience by working on a supply chain IT team supporting the distribution of Happy Meal toys throughout the US. I’d probably still be with McDonald’s today if Kim and I hadn’t started a family and wanted to be closer to relatives.
Senior Business/Technical Analyst, US Supply Chain IT
3/03 – 10/04
- Supervisory responsibilities for 12 person Production Support team and a 3 person Program Management Office for a supply chain technology team. Post-implementation team supported system yielding $30MM annual savings through management of promotional item replenishment to over 12,000 restaurants.
- Led cross-functional, inter-company project to replace legacy logistics system. System collected inventory, shipment, receipt and open order data from 38 distribution centers.
- Participated in contract negotiations for outsourced support and development services worth $1.75MM annually. Recommended changes to contract details, structure and service level agreements.
- Managed multiple, simultaneous projects through complete system development life cycle with direct responsibilities for project planning, requirements gathering, functional design, testing and implementation.
- Researched supply chain applications of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. Analyzed applicability to McDonald’s environment and communicated findings to supply chain management.
Senior Applications Specialist, Project Innovate – Human Capital
8/01 – 2/03
- Recognized by McDonald’s top management as a 2002 President’s Award Winner. Most prestigious company award is given annually to top 1% of employees worldwide for sustained outstanding contributions and performance.
- HRMS analyst for a team performing a global implementation of Oracle HR, Financial and Supply Chain modules. Ensured a consistent integrated solution by acting as a cross-functional liaison with finance, supply chain, portal and data warehousing teams.
- Developed functional specifications for conversions, interfaces, reports and custom built components. Communicated requirements to development team. Validated technical specifications and tested development items.
- Assimilated local business requirements into globally standard design. During implementation phase, compared local and global systems, and designed solutions to integrate legacy systems.
- Managed testing efforts including configuration of application, generation of test scripts, gathering cross-functional data requirements, tracking testing progress and daily reporting of results.
Financial Systems Consultant, Benefits Accounting
12/99 – 8/01
- Consulted with employees throughout Accounting and HR to identify inefficient processes and develop technical solutions.
- Data expert for HR, payroll, 401k and CRM databases. Analyzed and fulfilled data requests.
- Managed performance and development of one Financial Systems Specialist.
- Automated collection of company car mileage information; resulted in savings of over $100,000 annually. Received Bright Idea Award for producing significant savings.
Financial Systems Specialist, Benefits Accounting
9/97 – 11/99
- Managed security, hardware assets, and user training for eighty employees in two departments.
- Supported and enhanced existing financial applications. Converted mainframe Focus and Easytreve programs to MS Excel and MS Access applications.
- Developed application that connected to multiple data sources to produce a comprehensive severance package worksheet.
- Conducted non-discrimination tests to prove compliance of profit sharing plans.